Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Has Sprung, The Grass Has Riz...

Spring is an incredibly amazing time of year. After endless days of frigid, brooding skies, the flowers and trees begin this amazing transformation. Think about it. A huge tree freezes all Winter, then miraculously, it starts to bud and evolve into a giant of dappled greens and browns. It can survive chilling days of Winter and continue to thrive the rest of the year, but if it freezes in the late Spring or Summer, it would die! I shake my head in wonder and awe contemplating this one of myriad wonders on Earth.

Some try to convince us that Earth and the Universe are random occurrances generated by some self-initiated burst of energy? It's harder for me to comprehend that theory over the truth of a loving creator who masterfully orchestrated and monitors these elements! I love the words of Alma, the prophet “and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.”

At times, I get wrapped up in the frustrations and discouragements of life, but today I remebered to appreciate the sights, colors, sounds, and music of Spring. Soon they will morph into another amazing season and be gone until next year!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am always awestruck byt things like that too. I feel fascination and a sense of humility whenever I think about it. Another example is the human body. I mean, it fights off diseases and germs and can adapt to different things... and don't even get me started on the brain... there is no other logical explanation to me other than a divine creator.

Bradford said...

@Julie,

About the human body, it seems medicines simply serve to help the immune system - in the end it's the body's natural ability to heal itself that cures the individual. I've found that interesting once I've realized it.

Anonymous said...

I have a completely off topic question...I am making relish as you posted you did several years ago on another Blog..and i am using jalapenos too...how did it turn out?